Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cooling 6-Pack Myth Busters

Author: Myth Busters
Date: July 17, 2011
Site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N354fChhjV0&feature=related
(Just Part 1)

In this episode of Myth Busters, Jamie and Adam test out the theory of, if you put a 6-pack of bear underground, put ground over in, and then light the ground on fire. This is supposed cool down the 6-pack of bear. The story behind the myth: When the vietnams were at war, they burred a 6-pack into the ground covered it up and then poured a Quart of gas on in and then set it on fire. That was supposed to cool their drink. For the first test they tried it out, they figured out that the beer actual warmed up 2 degrees. When they tried cooling the beer with a fire extinguisher. It worked. The temperature cooled down a full almost 10 degrees.When they tested what cools faster, they found out that ice water cools bear faster that just plain ice water in just 5 minutes.

Conclusion:

I chose this article because it thought it would be interesting to learn about howthey made the robots move like real boxers. What grabbed my attention was the picture of the 2 robots in the boxing ring. I thought to myself, how could that be possible? Well, I was so interested in it that I decided to watch the video find out. I found it while looking at the Discovery site and was just skimming through the videos when I came to this one that seamed interesting and was screaming, READ ME, READ ME, READ ME!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment