Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tech: Real Steel: Are Robots the future of boxing?

BY: Discovery Chanel
Source: Video
Date: September 30, 2011

In this video it talked about the movie called "Real Steel". If you have watched the video in my blog post, you will know how they made the robots move. If you haven't, then I will guyed you through it. First of all, what they had to do was that they had to get some professional boxers to mimic the moves that the robots will be making. Then when they have the footage of the boxers, then they can make their movie MAGIC, which is technically making the animations of the Robots replace the boxers making it look like the robots are actually fighting. The “trainers” make the robot move by using their body parts, or using a futuristic gaming controller.

Reflection:

I chose this article because it thought it would be interesting to learn about howthey made the robots move like real boxers. What grabbed my attention was the picture of the 2 robots in the boxing ring. I thought to myself, how could that be possible? Well, I was so interested in it that I decided to watch the video find out. I found it while looking at the Discovery site and was just skimming through the videos when I came to this one that seamed interesting and was screaming, READ ME, READ ME, READ ME!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool! Having robots being controlled by human actions is not something anyone could come up with! Good choice of article! I really enjoyed it :D I like your explanation of why you chose what you chose :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea one of making controlled robots! Really good explanation of why you read the article.

    ReplyDelete