Saturday, October 29, 2011

How do speakers recreate sound?

How do speakers recreate sound?


BY: Jane McGrath
Date: June 22, 2011

In this article that read on the Mythbusters website, it was about speakers and how they recreate sound. In the article they talked about how sound is just the disturbance of the air molecules, that travel in waves. They also said that like in a guitar, when you strum a string against the air molecules around it, which disturb the molecules around them and so on and so on until it travels across the entire area. The 2 most important parts to making sound out of the speakers are the voice coils that the cones connect to and the permanent magnet that attaches to the voice coil. When the electrical current flow through it, the coil turns into an electromagnet.

Reflection:

I chose this article because it thought it would be interesting to learn about how electromagnetic waves work.What grabbed my attention was the picture of the waves comming from the picture. I thought to myself, why are there waves coming out of the speaker. Well, I was so interested in it that I decided to read the article and find out. I found it while looking at the MythBusters site and was just skimming through the articles when I came to this one that seamed interesting and was screaming, READ ME, READ ME, READ ME!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's cool! I really love music so I thought this post was interesting. I hope to read your next blogs!

    ReplyDelete