Saturday, June 9, 2012

Self driving Cars

http://news.discovery.com/autos/volvo-self-driving-car-120530.html


SELF DRIVING CARS

The first SARTRE (SAfe Road TRains for the Environment) road train on a public highway among other road users was performed successfully in May 2012. The road train was comprised of a Volvo XC60, a Volvo V60 and a Volvo S60 plus one truck automatically driving in convoy behind a lead vehicle. 





A convoy of self-driving cars has taken to a public motorway in Spain in normal traffic, a world first, according to Swedish car maker Volvo.
A professional driver took the lead of the convoy in a truck, and was followed by four self-driven Volvo vehicles: a second truck and three cars, Volvo said in a statement.





I chose this article because it thought it would be interesting to learn about how they could actually make cars drive by them selfs. What grabbed my attention was the title of the post, "SELF DRIVING CARS". I thought to myself, how could that be possible? Well, I was so interested in it that I decided to read the article. I found it while looking at the Discovery News website and was just skimming through the articles when I came to this one that seamed interesting and was screaming, READ ME, READ ME, READ ME!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment