Thursday, January 26, 2012

Photo from NASA Mars Orbiter Shows Wind's Handiwork

Photo from NASA Mars Orbiter Shows Wind's Handiwork

The scene shows dunes and sand ripples of different sizes and shapes inside an crater hole in the "Noachis Terra" region of southern Mars. The patterns that the sand dunes are in can also help to see how the history of it erosion and wind patterns occur This photo was taken by the:
"High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter."
There really isn't anything else to say about this article except for one more thing, is that over 20,600 PHOTOS WERE TAKEN FROM THE ORBITER! ISNT THAT ALOT?????
If you are interested in seeing some more pictures, go to http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu.

Conclusion:

I chose this article because it thought it would be interesting to learn about how they took pictures from the orbiter and got it to earth so fast. What grabbed my attention was the picture of the sand dunes, and the pattern that they were aligned in, and really just what they looked like. I thought to myself, how could that be possible? Well, I was so interested in it that I decided to read the article. I found it while looking at the NASA website and was just skimming through the articles when I came to this one that seamed interesting and was screaming, READ ME, READ ME, READ ME!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. This is interesting. Sand dunes on Mars...I have never seen them. They are beautiful. What other features has the camera taken photos of?

    ReplyDelete